With his first sip in 2005, Timothy Sullivan simply fell in love with premium Japanese sake. This inspired him to start the first sake blog in the United States: UrbanSake.com. His passion for sake has grown this site into America’s leading resource for sake related news, events and education. In 2007, the Japanese Sake Brewer’s Association awarded Sullivan the title of “Sake Samurai” in recognition of his work to promote sake outside of Japan. Currently, Timothy Sullivan works full time in the sake industry conducting sake seminars, educational tasting events and media outreach to introduce what the Japanese call ‘the drink of the gods’ to new fans in the U.S. and around the world.
- Founder, UrbanSake.com. America’s first and most popular sake blog & education website
- 2007 Sake Samurai (Japan Sake Brewer’s Association)
- International Sake Sommelier (SSI/Sake School of America)
- Advanced Sake Professional (Sake Education Council)
- Instructor, Sake School of America
- Official Brand Ambassador, Hakkaisan Sake Brewery