Discover Sake in NYC!
Join Sake Samurais Chizuko Niikawa-Helton and Timothy Sullivan on a private sake walking tour on the Lower East Side of New York City. Over the course of 3 hours, we’ll enjoy multiple sakes and outstanding appetizers at 3 fun sake bars, all within walking distance. Questions about our Sake Tour? Visit our FAQ or Contact Us. New York City is one of the most dynamic markets for sake in the world. If you are lucky enough to visit or live here, you have access to a world class selection of sake bars and restaurants.
If the world of sake seems strange or too foreign, let us guide you to the very best sake and Japanese food available in New York City. Over the course of 3 hours, we will visit 3 fun sake establishments to enjoy an array of premium Japanese sake at each one. Besides the tasting flights, we’ll also have outstanding food geared to pair perfectly with sake.
Our Next NYC Sake Walking Tour:
There are no upcoming events
Where will we go? We’ll start the evening at the elegant Sakamai (157 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002) for a special appetizer set and an outstanding and unique sake flight. Let us introduce you to this amazing sake restaurant. Next, we’ll move to Izakaya Juraku (121 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002). Here we will enjoy a flight of classic sakes and delicious izakaya style food. Our last stop will be Ronin Stones (69A Clinton St, New York, NY 10002) this under the radar spot is hidden and the type of small sake bar you find all over Japan. We’ll enjoy more sake and some skewers here!
Along with the sake and food, we’ll give you education on each sake and pairing as well as detailed information on the breweries. You’ll also get your own Sake Tasting Notebook to use on the tour. Let’s have fun! NOTE: Ticket Price is all inclusive. Food, sake, tip, tax and education materials are all included.
Meet Your Guides!
- President, Sake Discoveres, LLC
- Certified Sake Sommelier, Sake Service Institute (SSI)
- Board Member, SSI International
- 2012 Sake Samurai, (Japan Sake Brewers Association)
- Founder, UrbanSake.com. America’s first and most popular sake blog & education website
- 2007 Sake Samurai (Japan Sake Brewer’s Association)
- International Sake Sommelier (SSI/Sake School of America)
- Advanced Sake Professional (Sake Education Council)
- Instructor, Sake School of America
- Official Brand Ambassador, Hakkaisan Sake Brewery